The Wedding Photojournalist Association offers far-reaching benefits for its members. Based on the countless 'Testimonials From WPJA Wedding Photographers' we have received over the years, our members make it very clear that the greatest benefit of belonging in the WPJA is the ability to book (through the WPJA) numerous weddings with their most preferred types of clients. Due to all the positive publicity the organization is receiving and due to its notoriety, reputation for high standards, and respect within the wedding industry, the WPJA attracts prospective couples who appreciate, value, and seek the best in wedding photojournalism. Thus, photographers that belong to the WPJA are able to pursue their passion in documentary wedding photography, develop their talent and creativity, while operating in ideal settings.
In joining, a member gains the strength of increased traffic flow to his/her web site, and professional award-recognition through members-only contests.
ADDITIONAL WPJA MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- Ninety (90) FREE contest entry credits per year.
- A WPJA directory listing in your home area.
- A direct link to your web-based portfolio.
- The option of competing in WPJA photo contests (See competition benefits below).
- Opportunity to be listed in other WPJA regional sections.
- A gallery page within the WPJA Member Profile displaying contest-winning images. Images which place first through twentieth in any contest display in a member's gallery.
BENEFITS OF WPJA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITIONS
Several times out of the year, WPJA members have a tremendous opportunity to further demonstrate creative and technical excellence. The venue: WPJA Wedding Photography Contests. Through WPJA contests, members receive yet one more tool by which to draw the attention of their prospective customer audience.
WPJA contests also create opportunities for great rewards in the form of titles and professional recognition within the Wedding Photojournalism industry. Perhaps one of our most coveted awards is the large 'Traveling Trophy', reserved for the Photographer of the Year (POY). The trophy features the permanently engraved name of the annual recipient on the base. POYs have the distinct privilege of keeping/displaying this prestigious trophy for one year.
The following contest-benefits apply as well:
- Potential image placement with photo credit integrated into WPJA site design.
- The potential for increased interest in member's work.
- Higher ranking on WPJA regional search results listing pages.
All of the above mentioned benefits translate into higher earning potential for the photographer.